Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sunday Open Gym

Press
58x3, 63x3, 73x3, 83x3, 83x3
Deadhang Pull ups 3 (VB), 3, 3 (GB), 3, 3

WOD
Hang Power Clean 73# 10-8-6-4-2
Airdyne 20-16-12-8-4

My quad was still really bothering me from last week, as in it had been on fire for about 6 days straight, no matter what I did.  So I really wanted to do something that wouldn't hurt anymore than it already was.  That is why I pressed.  Pressing is super boring and I would never just choose to do it at open gym unless it seemed like the very best option.  And it was probably a good thing I did press, since those sets at 83 were way harder than they should have been. 

This wod was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Descending reps are always good for the mind.  It was suggested that I do 83#, I did a few at that weight, and decided I wanted to do 73#.  I could have done 83, but we'll just say that I was able to cycle those cleans a lot faster with the 73, and that was my goal for this wod, ok?

2 comments: