Monday, January 9, 2012

Working Out in 2012

Sunday, January 7th

Deadlift
215#x5x2

WOD-
5 rounds
250 m row
7 bench press 43#
12 set ups (16")
Time: 10:34

I basically loved this wod.  Admittedly I went very light on the BP, but I am just adding those movements again after my shoulder trouble.  Light or not, I felt like I was able to work hard this entire wod, moving quickly from one movement to the next.  And my shoulder felt great during the wod, after the wod, and still feels great the next day.

On the diet front, I am logging everything I eat into My Fitness Pal, using the handy iPhone app.  Being committed to logging everything that goes into my mouth helps in two ways:
-it keeps my very accountable to my calorie, protein, fat and carb goals every day
-it keeps my from eating very small bites of random, maybe not so ideal food items.  I have no desire to log 2 french fries that I swipe off some one's plate or one dried apricot, so it is better to pass.
There is no doubt that logging makes me more mindful and deliberate about my food choices.  There are plenty of people who don't need this, but I have settled on the fact that I do need it right now.

Monday, January 8th

1 push press + 1 push jerk
53, 63, 73, 83
then push jerks
93, 103x2

Again, my shoulder feels great.  I really focused on finishing the lift with my head through, and there is no doubt that all of my shoulder work, and the great help of Marcus, has increased my mobility.  I am still not a supple leopard, but improving...

WOD
800 m row
40 hang power cleans 63#
40 sit ups
6 prowlers (10 yds)
100 m row
Time: 11:12

Another good wod.  I made sure I sprinted the 100 m row under threat of having to row an 800 if I didn't actually sprint.  The threat might have been a joke, but I would likely be the one called on it in the event that it wasn't a joke.  So I sprinted.

No comments:

Post a Comment