Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Will you look at that!?! Breathing matters!

Skill
Strict Press
5x5x78#

(previous 5x5x68 on 11/12/09)

Learning by experience, after being told the same thing over and over again... The fifth lift of each set was hard, but it was incredibly hard when I destabilized. There is evidently something to this whole idea of taking big breaths and holding it through the lift. Imagine that! The very last lift was hideous, rather lopsided for awhile, and looooong, but I finished it.


WOD
10 Thrusters 83#
10 burpees
Time: 10:42


Agh! This was hard. No doubt about it. I was super hesitant to use 83# for this one, but Kyle was sure I could, even if I had to break the lifts into singles. I think I had 2 or 3 singles in there. I also strongly dislike burpees, but things are improving as I was able to cycle through them at a more consistent pace. Thanks go to Kyle for urging me to accomplish what I didn't think I could.


Some days you just need a super quick meal:
TJ's chicken Italian sausage, asparagus, tomatoes, sauteed with Costco's no salt seasoning and kosher salt :) (I figure that if I control the salt, it will be less than in a salt seasoning mix!)

No comments:

Post a Comment