Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Couch to 5k plan

A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to tackle this running problem with some clear goals and tasks.  When I have something that I really want or need to accomplish, I need a plan.  I can't do varied and random very well.  It just isn't in my nature to do a lot of random work with a random schedule.  This certainly does not mean I don't like CF. I like and need the challenge of doing new things, doing the unexpected, and doing the things that I would never program for myself.  I just need both-the plan and the varied.

So I am doing the Couch to 5k running program.  I just finished up week 3 this morning. 

I have attempted this program twice before and I have never made it past week 2 because it was so painful to run.  There is no pain so far this time, and that makes this all infinitely more doable. 

My run this morning was beautiful: warm weather, the smells of the apple orchards, the dahlias and roses, and lots of nice people who drive past and wave.  Having people drive past with a wave is extra motivation to keep my happy face on while I run.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment