Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Overhead Squat
53x2, 73x2, 93x2, 108x2, 113x2

And my shoulder felt strong the whole time.  Progress, progress!

WOD
AMRAP in 7 minutes
Thruster 1, 2, 3, 4...
Box Jump 1, 2, 3, 4...

Rounds-7 plus 8 thrusters

I decided to take it easy on the thrusters since I still really don't want to tweak my shoulder any more.  After probably a year of having it get tweaked on snatches, thrusters, and kipping pull ups, I am determined to work carefully.  So I went with 53#, admittedly nice and light, and everything felt great.  I do notice that my right shoulder, the one that I have always had trouble with, starts to fatigue much earlier than the left and I start to feel lop-sided.  There you go, more than you ever wanted to know about my shoulder!

I went with the 20" box since it was a low number of box jumps each round.  No misses.  That is notable for me.

Then after class I decided to be brave and work a tiny little bit on my kipping swing again.  The last time I tried this was about 2 months ago and my shoulders HURT immediately.  So in the meantime, I've been doing more mobility work, getting some work done on my shoulders by Marcus, and icing every once in a while.  No pain this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment