Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Goals

I need to really get on this...

I mean, really how can one CrossFit without setting your yearly goals?

One of my goals to make goals that make sense this year...

Some of my 2010 goals were just flat out nonsensical. Shall I amuse you with them now?

1. 400m run-sub 1:55 (yep, I'm that slow!)
**so I hate running so much that I never even attempted a timed 400 m run, over the course of one full year. That means 12 months without ever thinking to time a 400 m run.

2. 500m row-sub 1:50
**goal met
3. OHS-115#
**goal met

4. C&J-135#
**made it to 123#

5. Grace-as Rx'd
**goal met

6. Pull Ups-get 3 real ones
**I can do 3 kipping pull ups on 3 different attempts...

7. Helen-as Rx'd
**what?!?! 3 pull ups, yet still do Helen with 36 pull ups? That one made a TON of sense.

8. Push Ups-25 unbroken
**I don't think I can do this one, but I should see where I am.

9. snatch-103#
**nope, just made it to 93#

So now I have to think about new goals.
I have a long list so far:
1. 1 deadhang pull up
2. 5 consecutive double-unders (maybe I should make that 2!)
3. Snatch-103#
4. Clean and Jerk-138#
5. string together 20" box jumps, cycle them without resetting each time

Class
Skill
1 PPress+1 PJerk+ 1 Split Jerk (hold 5 sec.)
63, 73, 83, 88x2

WOD
4 rounds
20 ball slams 25#
10 pull ups (BB)
Time: 6:22

After doing the push press wod yesterday, we all just knew that we were destined to have lots of arm work tonight. It never fails...And then we get reprimanded for not checking the strength calendar, but there was no calendar.

I like ball slams. I almost never mind them since they are something I can do without thinking-just pick up the ball, slam it into the ground, repeat...but tonight my arms were complaining loudly during the whole last two rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment