Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Lot of Work

Monday

Deadlift, halting
5x2 0r 3
123, 173, 203, 223x2


I was having a hard time with the halting.



WOD
done with a partner, Anna
2000 m row (split into 500 m rows)
150 KBS 35# (sets of 20)
100 burpees (sets of 10)
So...we finished the last exercise after the 20 minute cut off-
150 med ball toss sit ups 8#
Final time-28:40


We kept all the work evenly divided until the end of the burpees when I made Anna do 5 extra so that we could get the burpees all done RIGHT at the 20 minute cut off. It is a good thing that I was on top of things like that so I could correctly dole out the work load to make sure we got done in time.


This was a great every once in a while wod. ;-) It was exhausting, but it felt great to get all that work done. There was not one team in my class who finished before the cutoff, but we are all so hardcore, we finished any way. That is the wonderfulness of the 5pm class.


Tuesday

Snatch
5x3
58.5#


WOD
15-12-9
DB farmer's carry lunges 25#
DB thrusters
pull ups (GB)
Time-? don't remember


But those lunges seemed to last forever.


And since I have renewed my commitment to a real dead hang pull up, these band dead hangs are killing me. They don't throw my shoulders into all kinds of nastiness and pain, but it is super frustrating to not kip. It is sooooo sloooooow. But I need to work up to a dead hang, so I will just deal with it.


I can hardly believe that I contemplated trying this with the 30# DBs. The 25s were horrible enough, but I still feel like I should have been able to do it with the 30s.


But I really think I was too tired. I am just tired. That is what happens when you have to end Christmas vacation and go back to a regular work schedule. I am also starving right now. I'm in that fabulous place where I am hungry no matter what I eat.


So I am going to go to bed. The sleep will obviously be good for me, and if I am sleeping, I can't be eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment