Sunday, July 17, 2011

The end of the week

Last week was a good week at the gym, even though I wasn't very good about blogging.

Thursday
Back Squat 3RM
255#

Super happy with this. I am currently in a great place in my training, with time and effort given to strength and time and effort given to conditioning. I love being strong, and I have worked hard to get to where I am. I also want to be confident and able to move my body quickly and effectively. I have lost a few pounds, kept up my strength and endured a lot more running, so I am quite happy with this max, happy to be in this place.

WOD
400 m run
OHS 65# 15-12-9-6-3
Ball slam 25# 30-24-18-12-6
400 m run
Time: 15:57

We had the choice of kettlebell swings or ball slams. I chose ball slams...About half-way through I was wishing I had gone with KBS, but in reality I think they were both hard. There was just no getting around the "pleasantness" of this wod.

Friday
3 rounds, not for time
10 OHS, bar only
10 K2E
10 push ups
1 rope climb

Rope climb progress-I can clamp on and move about 2 inches. Then I give up.

Snatch deadlift
worked up to 93#x2

Power snatch
easy work at 53#

WOD
5 rounds, 2 minutes each
1 min airdyne
10 GHD sit ups, rest remainder of minute

Max cal on round 5: 18
Max cal on the previous rounds: maybe about 11

I was tired on Friday, so the work above worked out well for me. More than anything, my quads were shot, so almost every possible wod sounded impossible, but this one worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment