Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sticking with It

Deadlifts 5x2 at 215#

WOD
3 rounds
10 thrusters 85#
10 burpees
Time-6:

The last time I did this wod was a loooong time ago, but it is always reassuring to see improvement, and this time I did it without a rack.

I am also glad that I went ahead and wrote down that I was planning on this being a good week. Sometimes stating/writing intentions and goals gives me the extra push I need to do the work. Before we started this wod, I had a mental battle for at least 10 minutes-Should I rx it or not? How long would this take me if I rx'd it? Would it be worth it? Did I really care? Could I think of any good reason to not use 85#? But remembering that I intended to really focus on my work and push myself this week helped me make the decision to put the 85# on the bar and to commit to this wod.

Then 2 min rest followed by 30 DU attempts.
I got zero DUs today. Bleh.

Then running-
200m/1min rest x3

Then good mornings-
7x3
103#

No comments:

Post a Comment