Monday, July 11, 2011

I was too lazy to post last week.

But even if I had, it just would have been stuff like-
Wow! Clearly the squat clean thruster is the coolest move, because we did a lot of them last week. Who likes those things? The truth is this-thrusters are not good, no one likes them. Squat clean thrusters are even more not good, everyone hates them.

And all of my workouts last week were really taxing after being sick, and I felt like a weakling, and I went home totally spent after each class. It was hard.

I have determined that this week will be different.

I am going to be mentally prepared to work hard.
I am going to eat enough food.
I am going to get some more sleep.

Monday, Day 1 of my week of fabulous training
100 m row sprints x4
Totally forgot to note my time on the first two...
sprint 3= :21
sprint 4= :20.5
Almost makes me want to try an all out, record-board sprint

Front Squat
125x2
145x2
165x2
180x2
195 fail

WOD
100 KBS 35#
3 burpees for every rest
Time-5:41

I will admit that this one really surprised me. I was pretty sure that I was going to KILL the 35# kettlebell swings.

I wanted to be done, like really, really done around 60. The only way to finish this one strongly was for me to just stop thinking and swing at an even controlled pace. Not thinking about how many I had done versus how many were left, or how tired I was getting, or how much harder this was than I had expected. I just.had.to.do.it

I was going to try for 50/50. I knew that was a lofty goal, but I usually aim for the opposite, like telling myself to just do sets of 10. So I managed to keep to 37/37/26, but my burpees were kind of leisurely, to say the least.

Then I ran
400m, rest
200m, rest
100m, rest
100m, rest

GHD
3x10
Side Bends
2x10 44#

And then I had a frozen yogurt...
It was delicious and the company was pretty great too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,

    While I applaud you on your goal of seriously charging it this week, and you had a very good time on the WOD (one of the fastest I believe), I couldn't help noticing that 37/37/24 doesn't add up to 100. Hmmph. Perhaps you would like to sarcastically blame that little mathematical faux pas on the noble movement squat clean thrusters?

    My burpees were kind of leisurely too, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I fixed it. :)
    You have no idea how long I sat here trying to remember those numbers...Brain wasn't working too well.

    ReplyDelete