Friday, June 17, 2011

Bear Complex

1 hang clean + 1 jerk
1 clean + 1 jerk

I worked up to 3 sets at 93.

I chose to camp out there, trying to finish the second pull, open up my hips and keep the bar path accurate. I had mixed success, but I felt like I was making some progress.

WOD
5-4-3-2-1
Muscle Ups (scaled to 3 pull ups/3 ring dips for each MU)
Bear Complex 83#
Time 11:10

So, I completed the first bear complex and wanted to lower the weight. I just seemed like it was soooo hard to get that bar over my head. And this is how nice Sam was-he was going to let me change the weights if I wanted to!!! What, what!?!

Well, guess what? It will feel kind of slow and heavy when you try to just press it up. Using the legs a little bit to get that bar up made it totally doable. Like always though, I wasn't liking the behind the neck rack jerk part of the complex. I have never liked this movement, and I wonder if it might have to do with my shoulder flexibility/inflexibility.

The pulls ups and ring dips were banded of course, and I broke them up into all kinds of crazy combinations, in part to just break them up and in part to stay out of Golden's way while he did his muscle ups. I am kind of amazed that he didn't smack his head on the bar...Like I've said many times, that is why I don't do muscle ups, I don't want to knock myself out. It is wise decisions like this that keep me healthy and injury free, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment