Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Georgetown

Walking, walking, walking.

I had some grand plans to visit a CrossFit box while here in D.C., but that honestly isn't likely to happen. It is pretty much a big pain to get to a box while you are on vacation. I have a few more days, so we will see.

I did spend several hours just walking the neighborhoods of Georgetown this afternoon. I love seeing new neighborhoods, the fabulous row houses, the wonderful shutters, and people watching is a favorite pastime of mine. The weather was pretty good when I started out, but about half way through it got super muggy. Californians don't do well in the muggy heat...

And walking in the neighborhoods I was able to be entertained-
the guy at Starbucks who jumped up to open the door every time I stood up (to get the paper, to throw away my cup, to go to the bathroom...) a little awkward really.
the preppy college kids at Georgetown
the amazing lime green door on a row house
the prep schools soccer field with Adirondack chairs. I'd watch kids' soccer if I had chairs like that.
the line outside of DC Cupcake-crazy! Not to say that I don't want a gluten-free cupcake while I am here, but I will not stand in line for a cupcake.
the buildings! I love the architecture and the colors.

3 comments:

  1. Hi leah,

    I spent a lot of time in DC when I was at Princeton. It is a pretty incredible place. I am glad you are having a fun trip. The next time you travel, just bring a jump rope and some rings and you can work out anywhere. It has always worked for me. It just takes a little imagination.

    Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come home, already! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erad-miss you too! I will be home and bugging everyone at the gym before you know it.

    And to the first comment, what can I say other than-made my day. That's some great advice!

    ReplyDelete