Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rowing Deals and Paleo Zone

Back in the gym, after a great, relaxing week away.

Overhead Squat
45x5
65x5
75x5
80x5
85x3

That was taxing on my wrists, and I should have taped them up. I guess it has been a long time since I have worked on sets of 5, but I know what I need to do.

WOD
7 rounds on a 1 minute interval
5 Clean and Jerks-Grace style 83#
Max calories row
Do 5 c&j, rest remainder of minute, row for max cals in 1 minute, repeat for 7 rounds.

I actually did the first round with 103, but those jerks were so, so hard for me today, so I went back down to 83. And even though I was keeping track of my rounds, 7 is apparently a really high number for my brain. I still had rounds to finish long after others were done, so I either took way too long to get into the rower each round, or I just did 8 rounds. But being the accommodating coach that he is, Sam didn't want to be stop and assume I had miscounted. He wanted to make a deal: row a final 100m under a 2 min pace, and I wouldn't have to run today.

That decision was made in just under a blink of the eye.

I don't think I have ever chosen to run instead of row.

And in other news, I think I am going to paleo-zone things for a little while. My weight has been going down again, but I'd like to take some of this flexible time I have during the summer to make sure I am maximizing my work.

And since there is no reason to wait, I'll start it up tomorrow. So tonight I'm doing some cooking-
Sausage and leek saute
Asian meatballs
Mediterranean Turkey
Sauteed Asparagus
Steamed Green Beans
and I'll slice up some fresh veggies for salad

No comments:

Post a Comment