Sunday, June 12, 2011

A really long post

We all know how very exciting it is to read about someone else's workouts and eating habits! I am fully aware that it is in fact quite boring and ridiculous to read these types of blogs, but I am going to revive this as a way to keep myself accountable and to have a quick reference of my work.

And if I revive the blog, trainers can always check here to get the real scoop on how their class truly went.

My week in review (warning, this got long...)

Monday
Back Squats-yeah
Rope Climbs-yuck

I am already very adept at the rope climb modification of pulling yourself up off the floor. I can do that over, and over, and over again. It never gets more interesting. So Cliff informed me that it was time to actually try to clamp on to the rope.

Did you know I have a fear of unknown physical challenges? I never think-Ooooh, cool, I just really want to climb that rope and see how it goes! I sure hope I make it all the way up and down without falling! Or-Yes, please, I am dying to try a handstand push up! Nope, I never think that. Ever. So it is a constant challenge to try these things, and that is one of the reasons I am here. I need to be challenged and pushed. I really think that is good for me. Sometimes I just wish I didn't think this.

Tuesday
I don't even remember now what we did in class, but I was exhausted. I had to go home and take a nap before going to the U2 concert that night. Alas, I remember more about the concert than that day's class. That is proof positive that I am not insanely obsessive about CF, right?

Wednesday
Donated blood, so I gave up class to save some lives. Again that might be a good sign that I am not obsessive?!?

Thursday
Since Jason teaches class all day, there is often some inkling of the WOD before I leave for the 4:30 class. My commitment to attending class this evening was tested as I found out what the WOD was right as I was leaving my house. Nancy. 5 rounds of 400 m runs. Oh, so dreaded.

I decided to stick with my plans and show up for class, but I spent the drive there working through my passionate plea for scaling. I was ready to present the facts, argue, whine, and maybe even cry if needed. I was prepared to communicate with words the very dark, dark place that I would be in if I was expected to complete Nancy as rx'd.

But Jason was ready for me. I didn't have to cry at all. He already had a scaling plan for me, like any great coach would. And even though the WOD was still very hard for me, I did the work I needed to do, and it was a great workout for me.

Friday
We had a back squat, burpee, power clean wod. It was hard. But I should have used 103 instead of 93 for the power cleans.

And I liked the WOD, even though it was hard because it was the great mix of hard (because burpees make it hard to breathe) and hard (because you have to focus and have your mind right to get the heavy back squats), and hard (because you are determined to nail every single power clean, short of breath or not).

1 comment:

  1. In my excitement, I scrolled down too far and commented on your older post.

    Seeing a new post from you just made my week. For reals, yo.

    ReplyDelete