Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Olympic Total

Snatch
93#


I still struggled with dropping under the bar, even though I pull it plenty high enough. I was doing super well on my warm ups-full snatches with no trouble, fluid motion, feeling good...there is improvement though since I didn't start to freeze up until 88# today, and it has been very hard for me to match this previous PR of 93#.


I.must.get.past.this! I am pulling the 93# bar all the way to my eyeballs, but then I just stop. Why do I stop? If you look at the series below, I breeze through image 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and then stop at 6. And look at that-once the bar is that high, it hardly moves for the rest of the lift...humph.



Clean and Jerk
128# PR


Not the most beautiful clean by any means, but I fought for it. That is progress too as I am learning to really keep my elbows up, chest up, and core tight in order to not let go of the bar. The jerk was much better than the clean. I just tried to focus on tightening up before the lift and then dipping slower than I often do. This is very, very important for me, and the cue seems to make a big difference in my success.


All in all, it was a good day, and I really appreciate the encouragement from Sam and Jason N., even when I was getting pretty frustrated. I really needed that.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the total! The snatch is my nemesis. Want to work on it together? I feel like I would be immensely helped by extra work and drills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em! Congrats to you on your super impressive total! It was great to see everyone's hard work and pr's yesterday.

    Yes, yes! We should work together for sure.

    ReplyDelete