Thursday, June 24, 2010

C&J, Deadlifts and Yummy Food

Clean and Jerk, on the minute
80x5
88x5
93x5
No misses
Then
103x1
108x1
113x1

The 113 clean was not very beautiful...

WOD
AMRAP in 10 minutes
7 deadlifts 165#
12 GHD situps
Rounds-4 and 7 DL, 8 GHD

Yes, I was that close to finishing the 5th round, and if I had moved faster I could have finished that round. By the way, GHD situps still make me lightheaded and dizzy. Good times!

I went home, did some work and then took a nap.

Then I cooked dinner-
stuffed bell peppers
glazed carrots
melon with prosciutto

It was one of those super nourishing meals, not just food for fuel, but deeply satisfying food. Wish you all could have enjoyed it with me. :)

And yes, amazingly enough I realize that there are now plenty of time that I eat just to fuel my body. I eat that chicken or cauliflower simply because I need to, not because I want to. I didn't think I would ever be that person. I ate because it was good. One of the problems was that there was just too much that I thought was good and it actually wasn't. Now I make sure I still have plenty of food that I love, but there are plenty of meals that I just eat because I know I have to, because it is what I need to work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment