Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home Again and Back in the Gym

I was able to pull myself together and actually got through one hotel wod.
3 rounds
10 DB thrusters 25#
10 burpees
This was untimed, and I wish I could say it was really fast, but I can't. I think it took me somewhere in the 5 minute range. Whoot! Who doesn't love doing this in the middle of a hotel pool room/gym, especially when you just loooove sticking out like a sore thumb?!? I do appreciate Kyle taking the time to program this for me. His kindness knows no bounds.

And then back in the box this morning, yes a Thursday morning class! Happy me! :)

Skill
Back Squat, reset at 90%
193x5x5
This was absolutely perfect for this morning. The weight was just enough to feel like I was doing something good, but not so heavy that I had to really struggle with it. I wasn't up for struggling with the back squat, so this was perfect.

WOD
5 rounds
200 m run (Well, it was actually just to the fence, but that's because Joc told me to run just that far. I would never short a run!)
10 pull ups (green band)
10 ball slams 25#
Time: 12:30

I can't really say this was absolutely perfect. But all things considered it was a really good wod to come back to-simple, things I need to work on, and exhausting. The 5th round was horrid. I even broke up the ball slams, and I don't like to break up ball slams. But I am glad that I just came back and died right away.

Then Kyle worked with me on the kip. No pull up yet, but it is closer!

Then I got to finish with 3x10 GHD sit ups.

Yep, it is super good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment