Friday, June 25, 2010

Clothes and More Clothes

I decided to clean out my closet again today.

This feels great, every single time. It is wonderful to bag up all of those things that I'll never wear again.

It is also offers a bit of time for reflection.
"Why on earth did I ever buy that? It is horrible!"
"Why did I even keep it this long?"
"How nice must my friends be that they were willing to be seen in public when I wore this!"
"Or maybe they are just a little evil and never told me how hideous these pants really were..."

And then the big question-
"How in the world could I have all these clothes, and yet I never felt like I had anything to wear?!?"

It is utterly ridiculous that I am still getting rid of all these clothes (not to mention shoes...ouch!) Why in the world did I ever buy and then hold onto all of these things?

There is no doubt that part of the answer is that I do just like new clothes. But the other part is that there was an underlying hesitation to ever get rid of much since I might "need" it when I was one of any 5 or more sizes that I intend to never return to. Believe me, I am not talking about just holding onto some things for the "fat days." I still had stuff that literally falls right off of me now. That stuff is gone now. I know that I also held onto clothes because I had such a hard time finding anything to buy in the first place-not many stores, not many options, lots of large, ugly tents in slightly differing cuts...

And on the subject of clothes, my dear sisters and several friends will be happy to find out that my recent purchases have been in the following shades:
peacock blue
eggplant
plum
pink
green
some other shade of purple
and only a little tiny bit in black and brown. :)

1 comment: