Saturday, June 26, 2010

Happy Dance

Snatch
53x3
63x2
68x1
73x1
78x1
83x1
88 fail

Umph...I really wanted to get that 88 today.

WOD
4 rounds 2:30/90 sec rest
200 m run
7 box jumps 20"
max KBS 44#
19-15-15-14

And then pull up practice. I did it! I was totally shocked when it happened, but I got my first kipping pull up. Clearly there were several important pieces to today's success: my latte, the mocking of my hip snap, and the presence of the vuvuzela in the box. Now I just have to try to repeat it, but it more than made up for not getting the 88 on the snatch.

9 comments:

  1. WOOO HOOO! Congratulations, lady, you're AWESOME! You're going to be stringing those pullups together in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed it. Contrary to what may have been said. I was sleeping, not doing Zumba :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Leah! I will of course take most of the credit as I gave you that demo of 100 perfect kip pull ups right before. Now about that muscle up....
    Really tho great work! Way better than doing Zumba.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've probably never even tried it Golden. Who doesn't enjoy a good dance routine to Shakira :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I've actually *seen* Golden do a dance routine to Shakira...or was that...Mariah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Leah! Can't wait to see the next one, or two, or three...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Miss Leah,
    I'd be happy to leave the vuvuzela at the box so it's ready for your next achievement.
    That would make my neighbourghs happy too....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now it really is a race with Vero to a muscle up! You rock, great job.

    ReplyDelete