Monday, November 1, 2010

The Bear

Hang Snatch + Snatch
53, 63, 68, 73, 78

WOD
Bear Complex
7 rounds
1 power clean
1 front squat
1 push press
1 back squat
1 behind the neck press

7 rounds with 63# not a problem

7 rounds with 73# a little bit of a problem, as in I really had to work at keeping myself moving, not stopping, and just really trying to NOT rest at any point

7 rounds with 83# well...
I probably wouldn't have attempted this if Kevin hadn't loaded my bar
It was during this round that I missed during the 4th round. I rested waaaaay too long on that front squat rack, so then I just dropped the bar after the push press. I knew that I was honestly out at that point.
Kevin also goaded me into finishing the 7 rounds, even though it was a miss. So I finished the the last 4 rounds just so I wouldn't feel bad about myself after I left.

A wod like this is always a good one since it really tests my mental determination. I need all the help I can get when it comes to being mentally committed to a wod...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment