Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Chief, year 2

Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2010

Front Squat + Jerk
63x2+1
83x2+1
93x2+1
103x1+1
113x1+1

WOD
partner Chief with Sam Y

3 Rounds
AMRAP in 5 min
3 Power Cleans 83#
6 push ups
9 squats
1 min rest between rounds
Partners alternate the Chief sequence and while one is working, the other holds the plank position

7+7 squats/7+5 squats/7 +2 squats

Try as I might, I could never get that last round finished! I loved, loved, loved this partner Chief. I almost didn't come to the Thanksgiving class when the memories of last year's Chief WOD came flooding back. But of course, I am very glad I made it in. I told my sister on the way in that if we had to do the running partner Chief, we'd have to be together and she would get to run 600m rounds while I ran 200. Then when I got home, I went back and read my entry from that wod.

Way back then I was still slightly overwhelmed by the shear eliteness of Cliff and Golden, so there was a lot of pressure from being the way, way, way slowest person in that wod. Ah the memories... And a year later, I still whine about running, and I am still often the slowest person in the wod. Now being slow doesn't bother me as much, and I am ever so slightly better at running, slightly being the operative word.


And then I went home and finished all of the preparations for our Thanksgiving feast. I am often asked if I cheat, so here is some photographic evidence of my cheat day-
The paleo foods-
Turkey, one smoked and one roasted
Sweet Potatoes
Paleo Stuffing
Brussel Sprouts
Green Beans with Bacon
pumpkin bars
Apps: vegetables, fruit, mini sausages
The non-paleo foods-
Cranberry sauce
gravy (thickened with potato starch and no one noticed the difference)
Cauliflower squash with asiago cheese
real, traditional mashed white potatoes
gluten free biscuit
whipped cream on my paleo bars
Apps-jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon, artichoke jalapeno dip, m&ms
And wine and gluten-free beer

No comments:

Post a Comment