Sunday, July 4, 2010

Firecracker 5k

I did the 5k this morning, and it was so, so, so much better than last year! Not only did I run more and walk a lot less, I felt a whole lot better doing it. It was pretty horrible even finishing last year, and my knees, hips and shins all hurt. I finished the race and was totally spent.

This year I felt so much more comfortable during the whole race, nothing hurt, I recovered so much faster, and was able to party the rest of the day. I took about 7 minutes off my time (this sounds like a lot, but this is very doable when you have the vast room for improvement that I do!)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, maybe, but it is still pretty awesome.

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam. When I really thought about how good I am at limiting my running to only what is absolutely necessary, I am pretty pleased. :)

    ReplyDelete