Monday, July 12, 2010

Turning Off My Brain

Deadlift
find my 5RM...
I don't have a 5RM, and it was super unsettling to suddenly be back in the world of the unknown. I really like knowing what I am aiming for and what progression I am going to take to get there. Hmmm, is it possible that I am a little, tiny bit of a control-freak?
So here was my shot at this
123x5
173x5
193x3-nice and flat back, felt great
223...knew my upper back was rounding, unlike it did at 193, but wanted to just pull it 5 times because I knew I could, but it was perfect form night, so that was a no-go.
203x5 I am counting this one, even though I took my hands off the bar in the middle.

WOD
1000 m row
50 ball slams 25#
30 pull ups (GB)
Time: 8:54

I set various goals for this one:
1. Keep my row pace under 2:20-done
2. Try to get through the pull ups in 3 sets-I think it took me 4, but I don't remember
3. Try to get through the ball slams in 3 sets-I did it in 2, 25/25

And when I saw who was in my heat:
4. Try to make sure that the one guy in our heat didn't run away with the wod. So this meant that I had to aim for being on the pull up bar before Golden finished.-done, barely

And on top of that, I was able to zone out during the ball slams for the first time ever. It made it so much easier to just stop thinking about anything except moving up and down and counting. I wasn't complaining, wasn't thinking about what hurt, wasn't thinking about why we had to do 50 of them, wasn't thinking about the pull ups still to come. It was odd, but it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment