Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tire Flips

Snatch + Overhead Squat
43x1
53x1
58x1
63x1
68x1
73x1

then OHS
73x2
73x2
73x2

WOD
12 tire flips
400 m run
then 5 rounds:
10 push ups
10 GHD sit ups
finish with:
400 m run
12 tire flips

Time: 14:57
When I first saw this wod, these were my thoughts-
-There are so many words, it looks long
-What?!? running 400 meters?!? twice?!? Blech
-Tire flips: cool!
-GHD sit ups, um yeah, more dizziness and sore abs
-What kind of person comes up with this stuff?

Then I had a few more rational thoughts-
-It is only 2 rounds of running, I can do that.
-Maybe the GHD sit ups will be a little easier this time.
-Maybe they won't leave me quite as sore this time.
-Tire flips are cool.

Then I had to do the wod-
-I kept my movement above a walk for the full 800 meters, meaning I didn't stop at the turn around and I did not walk when I got back to the parking lot. No one had to yell at me to run all the way to the box (Sam, Kyle, sound familiar?)
-The tire flips were cool.
-I wasn't as dizzy from the GHD as I was last time.
-I still have to work on my push ups...
-I'll know how much the GHD sit ups will hurt when I am sitting on a plane in two days.

1 comment:

  1. You done real good. Also, the GHD sit ups make a great send off. They'll stay with you for a few days so its a nice way to keep you from being anxious about having some time off on your trip:)

    ReplyDelete