Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Belt

Skill
Back Squat
5x5x208#

The first set was horrendous. -shudder!- It felt horrible, and I know it looked horrible too. I had help getting one rep up, and I finished that set thinking that it was going to be torture to even attempt this 5x5.

So my coach had a couple ideas-more hip mobility work and a belt. Let's just talk about the belt right now. Can I even explain how much I did not want to put the belt on? I don't think I can. Me with a belt- not something I was planning on, not something I even wanted anyone else to have to see. But it was either try the belt or totally bomb on the squats. That's how bad that first set was. Since I apparently care more about the squats than the ridiculousness of wearing the belt, I wore the belt. And every set with it was so much easier.
(Even though I also missed the very last lift. I shouldn't have missed it.)

WOD
4 rounds
1 min box jump
30 sec. cross chops (alt. sides each round) 35#
30 sec. push ups
45 sec. rest

Score:
21/16/15
20/16/10
21/18/11
22/15/12

I really liked this wod, and yep, I did the box jumps. See I don't push my luck too far, so 1 week of no box jumps, but today I just sucked it up and did them. And my leg didn't explode.

And I was a big girl and moved up the the 35# KB all of my own accord today. :)

1 comment: