Friday, April 2, 2010

Personal Training

Skill
Snatch
53x5
63x3
73x1
83 fail
78x1
83x1
88 fail

I was the only one in class, so we had lots of time to slowly work through the lift today. I got a lot of great instruction and feedback, so several of the lifts felt really, really good. By the end, my mind was spinning with everything I was trying to remember, and I was not successful in just completing the lift.

I also stayed to the skill portion of the 5pm class, working with the group on the various pulls. Good practice!

WOD
5 rounds
10 Deadlifts 153#
10 PP/PJ 83#
Time: 12:26 Rx'd

Deadlifts are not really hard and I was trying to get more of them cycled together, but even if something isn't too heavy I still get gassed way too quickly. The presses were presses with a few jerks thrown in there, especially at the end.

I have been kind of frustrated the last couple of weeks with almost constantly sore and tired shoulders. At first I just felt like they were just being difficult without warrant. I had been so comfortable lately-working hard at what I had been doing, going to class very regularly, just scooting along. Then bam! Aching shoulders, tired arms, trying to avoid writing much on the white board at school...Why was this happening to me!?! Um, maybe because I had added some weight to my overhead lifts? Who would have imagined that?

No comments:

Post a Comment