Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 jerk dip squats + 1 power jerk
78x3x2
86x3x2
93x3x2
103x3x1

Thoughts in my mind during these-tighten up, dip down, don't go too fast on the dip, drive the bar up, move my head out of the way, active shoulders, drive the head through. Who knew that getting the bar from your shoulders to overhead would take so much concentration?

WOD
6 rounds
8 overhead BB lunges 53# (rx'd)
Sprint to the wall-back pedal
12 KBS, Russian style 53#
Time: 10:31

I think I might love Russian kettlebell swings. They are fabulously wonderful in comparison to American kettlebell swings.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the KBS. Especially when you get heavier weight, it sucks to go all the way overhead. I can't stand 2 pood workouts (mostly because I almost can't do them).

    But I like Russian style also because that's what you do when you're doing one-handed swings, which I really like.

    Good stuff. Keep it up! You've got great numbers on your squats. And I love reading about those little thoughts in your head. Some people don't think about it much, but CrossFit doesn't just make you fitter--it makes you mentally stronger, too. Seriously (and I know you already know this), it takes inner strength to push past your limits and keep going when everything in you is screaming "stop!" Good for you. That's a wonderful lesson learned.

    :)

    ReplyDelete