Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Sympathetic Coach

Power Snatch + Hang Power Snatch
2x5 at 53#

Here is how the pre-workout conversation went-(roughly...)
Joc: Leah, so how are your feeling?
Leah: Good, my legs are tired, but pretty good.
Joc: But no pain, right?
Leah: No pain! I really feel good! (smile, smile, smile) My legs are just a little tired and slow, you know?
Joc: Yeah, I know how that is. I totally understand.
Leah (thinking): How great is it to have an understanding coach, one who takes the time to check in and really cares about how I feel? How nice! (smile, smile, super happy)
Then Joc starts writing the wod on the board. I start hearing muttering of how much Leah is going to "like" this...
And the there was the wod:

WOD
35 DB Thrusters 25#
400 m run
30 hurdle burpees
Time: 8:58

So if your legs are tired this WOD just feels splendid! The thrusters don't feel hard.at.all. You feel like you are flying on the 400 m run. And hurdle burpees? You might think that you would sort of dread the thought of 30 of them, even questioning your ability to make it over the hurdle without tripping, but no. Everyone of those burpees is a piece of cake and you feel like soaring over that green bar! CrossFit is amazing.

Staycation Day 2-hung out at the gym to make sure I didn't miss anything interesting. I didn't. Then I was a tourist in Capitola and downtown Santa Cruz for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment