Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reason #231 to Avoid Running

I now get Prevention Magazine for some reason. I have no idea why I am now receiving it, and can only figure that word got out somehow that I care a lot about prevention. But anyway, there are sometimes these little nuggets of helpful and amusing advice:

On the topic of Good Skin
"The repeated jarring of high-impact cardio like running can weaken collagen and lead to sagging. So until a 'face bra' is invented, I'll stick to cycling and the elliptical machine." (from a leading dermatologist)

There you go, proof enough that running is bad, bad, bad. Who wants to run at the expense of sagging skin? Not me! But I can also tell you that I won't ever be wearing a face bra.

Now back to lesson planning...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! One more thing to back up my anti-running stance!
    Ha! I'll never wear a face bra either - no matter how attractive they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I read this online last week too. Bunch of lies I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with that article. I ran a 400 meter run while warming up my class the other day, and besides making me considerably weaker for the next couple of days, I also noticed several new wrinkles and blemishes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Another good reason for not running. I like walking though and I do a neck exercise almost everyday (it's a lot cheaper than plastic surgery!) :)

    ReplyDelete