Monday, August 2, 2010

Burpees

Yesterday-
In the fun busyness of open gym, Lolo and I did back squats. I must do this because I am highly fearful of my legs getting too small. I know that is a very real possibility for me (ha, ha, ha), so I have to work hard here.

I had lots of entertainment during my sets while I watched Sam do his birthday Grace, John complete Grace Rx'd for the first time, Golden complete big boy Grace with only presses, no jerks, and Desmond fighting through the big boy Grace with what happily was not an aneurysm. I was impressed with all of it.

40 burpees for time
3:25

Why do I still have such a huge mental block about things like this that I have never done, but really am able to do?!? I feel like I am making some very slow mental progress. Rationally, I should know for sure that I can do 40 burpees, but I still worry that I will run out of steam and have trouble even finishing. Sigh, there are an awful lot of things in the gym that I am still scared to even try, and that is not a very good thing.

And this is Day 1 of my self-declared staycation. I decided that I wanted to take some time to enjoy a few of the local things that I keep missing...So all day will be spent at the Boardwalk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment