Monday, August 16, 2010

How Many Rounds?

Back Squat
218x5x5

This was my one rep max in Jan. and my highest 5x5 when we ended the back squat progression in May.

WOD
5 rounds
7 ball slams 40#
100 m row sprints
Time: 5:08

The 40# ball is heavy and awkward, and I can't wait until we have new balls that don't have a deflated side. For some reason I thought this wod was 4 rounds, and I was getting super excited as I was finishing round 3-just one more left, this is no problem, almost over!! And then as I was starting round 4, Joc yells, "only 2 rounds left!"

Ssssssssssss. That is the deflating sound heard briefly in my head as I faced not one, but two more rounds. Then there was the ever so brief thought of-did she change this, do I dare argue this one? Nope. Just be tough Leah and get it done (plus I couldn't really talk at that point.)

It was a good thing I didn't argue. It was a 5 round wod.

2 comments:

  1. You sure fooled me. I thought you finished nice and hard and suspected no deflating whatsoever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was a very quick deflating. I have all of these meaningful mental battles very quickly sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete