Monday, September 27, 2010

A little whiney

Snatch
Heavy Single
53
63
73
78
83
93, fail, fail, fail

So who is super frustrated by the snatch?? I am. All I can say right now is-ack. I was SO frustrated with this tonight because I wanted so badly to get the 93#. I've been stuck at 88# for a good long time. I really want to move past this, but I have evidently hit that place where my lack of technique has caught up to me and will now mock me for an undetermined amount of time.

So even though part of me just wanted to give up and call it a night at that point, the other part knew I had to buck up and do the wod.

WOD
3 rounds
1 min max burpees
1 min rest
1 min max cal row
1 min rest
1 min double unders
1 min rest

Score-
12/16/5
14/16/4
13/18/ummmm, just gave up and did single unders only

So to recognize the small victories tonight:
-I did actual burpees for the whole wod. No stepping down or up, just burpeeing the whole time.
-I was able to get a few double unders. They went more or less like this s-s-s-s-s-d-s-s-s-s-s-d...until I called it quits and just did single unders.
-Thanks to Shane's encouragement, I tried to get that last row as high as I could. I'm pretty sure the display was almost ready to flip to 19 on that last one. Just so you know.
-the evil hip mobility after the wod is definitely getting easier, but that just means that I don't quite feel like I am about to cry during that stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment