Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work before Play

Tuesday
Jerk, heavy single
63
83
93
103
113
133, failed twice

WOD
3 rounds
200 m run
10 DB thrusters
10 Ring Pull Ups
Time: 9:10

I have to say that this wod had a particularly new and horrible element to it this evening. But that is part of CrossFit, right?!?

The experience of running outside in the fairly pleasant evening air and then entering the box and hitting the wall of the hot dead air in the box was a totally new challenge. I don't think I have ever, ever experienced the feeling that hit me each time I went into the box. It was like my lungs just seized up and didn't want to breathe. The fabulous thing was that the feeling didn't last too long and my airways opened up, allowing me to live and continue the workout.

Don't you love being able to be dramatic on a blog? But seriously, it was something else.

Wednesday
Med Ball Toss
5x5
1min rest between sets
I was in the most fabulous group with Wesley and Andrea. We were supposed to aim for hitting the ceiling, but we didn't even get close enough to wonder if it touched. But we had fun.

Shot Put 5 right, 5 left
Shot put-not my thing evidently...

WOD
6 rounds
5 hang power snatches 63#
4 broad jumps
Time: 6:12

Some great 2nd pull practice for me!

Then 3 sprints on the track.

I got to sprint at the same time as Danny. He was way ahead of me. It was almost like he was finishing as I was finally getting moving. But I tried my best, and for me, I ran pretty fast. :)

Now I am rather frantically getting ready to take my vacation tomorrow. NYC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment