Friday, January 29, 2010

I was ready for a non-lifting wod

Skill
Snatch High Pull
15x5, 35x5, 55x5

Working on that pull! Hips, arms, feet, elbows...I am really glad I don't have to do anything special with my nose for this lift.

WOD
AMRAP in 8 minutes
5 push ups
7 C2B pull ups
10 jumping squats
Me: 7 rounds + 4 pull ups

Rx'd for the push ups was clapping, but yeah, I am super stoked to be doing "real" push ups now, so I'll just dream about the day I add the clap. I had to do jumping pull ups for the C2Bs, so I couldn't practice my mean banded pull up skillz. Oh well, that would have given me a lot of rest since I would have been doing them one.at.a.time after the first couple of rounds. Jumping squats are surprisingly much worse than air squats, and I was very tempted to just leave off the jump since I was kind of behind the post and Sam probably wouldn't have been able to see me. But I didn't.

Because the trainers always see. As evidenced by the events this week:
Sam just had to look out the door to see me walking back from the 200 m run. I know, that's bad, but I did run all the way to the parking lot...

Kyle just had to notice that I had skipped the inchworm during his warm up. And yes, after I got caught, I did it, even though I really think he just puts it in there because he knows how much I hate it. I noticed that there was a key change in the warm ups after they all went to the CFFB certification. All this love for high knee kicks, butt kicks, ninja rolls, inchworms...all came after this event. Was this cert about football or stuff designed to make you clients look awkward? :)

But really, I couldn't leave off the jump because I know, even as much as I hate it at that moment, that it would be cheating myself. I know that I can squat and jump, so I know I have to do it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! You forgot to mention when I saw you walking back on the first 400 m run of the workout on Thursday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always see. And 'skillz'???? Leah Leah Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping me honest, Kyle!

    I used skillz since it really isn't much of a skill to do blue banded pull ups-the fake word seemed appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete