Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little Miss Competitive

Open Gym

I worked on some Olympic lifts today, just trying to improve my technique and comfort with the weight. In general, I have been way too uncomfortable with the weight over my head or flying up toward my body. I am pretty sure that by jerk max is way too low at 113 (maybe 123 one freaky day) when my strict press is 93. I think there should be a bigger difference between those two numbers...

Clean 83x5x2
Jerk 83x3x5, 93x3x5
Snatch...was a bust, I gave up quickly. I managed 35x5x1

Apparently I have been mouthing off quite a bit lately (as seen here and here), but that is just my competitive side coming out. You all never would have known it when I first walked in, but yeah, that side is there. This is just a new and very unexpected competitive venue for me.

So yes, Joc, I am very happy to be chasing you, knowing very well that as soon as I retest the Back Squat in 4 months, you will have added some massive amount to yours as well. But that won't keep me from trying! (Same goes for Cliff and the deadlift) I do expect to close the gap. :)

Sam, you keep drinking those mochas. They are good for you! You know that your chance of winning shoots up with every single one you drink.

1 comment:

  1. You just keep talking #2. I went up 35# on my 5 rep back squats today. And the mocha I was drinking between sets contributed, I am sure. Just keep talking.
    samrad

    ReplyDelete