Sunday, January 17, 2010

Paleo Challenge 2.0

The new event has begun! I didn't think I was really going to care about doing another challenge since I already eat Paleo, but when it comes down to it, I care. I am in this one to win, so watch out all of my wonderful fellow CFers. It is quite possible that doing "Christine" will kill me, so then none of you will have to worry about me anyway.

I've been eating Paleo for about 8 months now, and one of the most important things for me is food prep. I must set aside some time at the beginning of each week to prepare a few things in large quantities so I have food to pack for lunch and quick dinner food for nights I will be home late. This weekend I made up a large batch up sun-dried tomatoes and turkey (from Jocelyn) and beef stew. I made a double batch of zucchini for dinner tonight, and I will roast some broccoli as well.

Then I weigh out my turkey portions (since I zone as well) and guesstimate my stew proportions. Everything is all packaged up in containers and ready to grab and pack in my lunch bag each day. If I don't have this done each week, it is very, very hard to eat right every day. I either end up eating way too much fruit and nuts since it is easy. or I just don't eat anything and then I get too tired at CrossFit.

8 comments:

  1. sorry to disappoint you leah, but I'm determined to take this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you, Sam?? I can be pretty determined myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually its the other person who can't figure out how to post a comment with my name

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, my sister! No, you will not beat me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have already won, the next 4 months is a formality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both have ME to contend with, and I have a *lot* of room to grow. I plan to take this one for all the fame & glory, so don't get your hopes too high :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all seem to be forgetting that I still have pounds and pounds of fat that need to come off...There is still room for plenty of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leah...the "room for plenty of progress" was MY strategy! hahaha
    Thanks for the tips on meal prep for the week. Planning is not my style (I prefer spontaneity, eg. procrastination), but I believe you are right in feeling like this is key to eating well consistently. This entire Crossfit experience is one big lesson in discipline for me, it seems. I'm so grateful we have you as a resource!

    ReplyDelete