Monday, January 25, 2010

An Obvious Weakness

Skills
Strict Press x2 80% 1RM
on the minute for 10 minutes

I started out with 73# for the first 4, and then due to heckling from the peanut gallery, moved to 83# for the remainder. They were right, I was still able to do it...

WOD
AMRAP in 4 Minutes

1 Clean 103#

1 Burpee

2 Clean

2 Burpees

3 Cleans

3 Burpees

and so on.

Rest 2 Minutes and then repeat for time, starting with your highest round. For example, if you scored 5 rounds in the 4 minute AMRAP, start at 5 rounds, then do 4, then 3, and so on for time.
Me: 4 rounds, time 3:00

I subbed the cleans for the snatch on this one since I am still way to unskilled to get any reasonable workout with the weight I can handle for the snatch. Without lots of time warming up and stretching, I was sure that I would be stuck at 15-20# and that would just be a super lame. Plus my should is still a little sore from the little, tiny bit of work I did on the snatch yesterday.

Now I have to pick a weakness for the month of February. There are so, so many to choose from, and when I first read the post, I thought I'd never be able to choose one. But then I started writing this, and maybe I need to work on the snatch and my shoulder flexibility...It is probably the thing that frustrates me the most right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment