Monday, February 1, 2010

The 5x5 Back Squat

Skill
Back Squat 5x5
163#

My last BS 5x5 was 153, I think...
This was my first 5x5 since I realized that I have to have a clear linear progression on the BS if I am going to beat Sam in the Paleo Challenge. I'm going to have to figure out how I can do this once a week. I knew it would be hard, but it was nice and hard on the last couple of reps of round 4 and 5...nice and hard...

WOD
3 Rounds
8 Box Jumps 16″
6 Push Jerk 83#
5 Pullups Blue Band
3 Kettlebell Swings
Repeat the 3 (micro) rounds 3 times (3 macro rounds) with 2 minutes rest between each of the 3 macro rounds.
Time: 19:26

2 comments:

  1. We have added one more back squat and deadlift days to the strength rotation, because we believe in those 2 lifts so much.

    srad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited for you to beat Sam...
    No offense, Sam...you're an okay guy and all...

    ReplyDelete