Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not Quite So Warm Out Here...

Today was a rest day, a super rest day since I was on a plane for most of it.

Random thoughts about travel today-
Do you remember when United Airlines announced that if you didn't fit into one seat, you'd have to buy a second? If a second wasn't available, you'd have to be re-booked onto another flight? You might not remember, but I do...I really never, ever wanted to have that happen to me, so that announcement scared me. Not scared anymore...

Do you know I noticed how much easier it was to walk down the aisle of the plane and not worry about bumping people? That sure is nice.

It is also nice not to have aching knees after sitting in coach all day long.

Airport food is just about always horrible. My salad was mixed greens (pretty old and wilted), walnuts (not toasted), golden raisins, about one eight of a Granny Smith apple, and about 5 slices of chicken. The raspberry vinaigrette was not edible as it tasted like super sugary berry yogurt with vinegar in it.

Dinner on the ground was leaps and bounds better with a large salad with fresh greens, roasted red bell peppers, olives, scallops and shrimp. I love scallops. The waitress very kindly understood that I really needed something with no grains and no dairy.

I am not going to worry about what I will eat tomorrow...even though the group is having Chick-fil-A for lunch...

1 comment: