Sunday, February 14, 2010

CrossFit Total

What an afternoon at the box!
CrossFit Total
Back Squat-225
Strict Press-95
Deadlift-300
Total-620

A couple of days ago one of my CF buddies, one who has helped to push me since almost day one, suggested that I try the CFT. It is the stuff I like-heavy lifting, no running, no box jumps, no burpees. As we added up the numbers, it definitely seemed like I would get on the board (Wesley and I like to get on the board...) But when looking at the other numbers, it became clear that some of ladies currently on the record board must have done it months and months ago, so I knew that some of those totals were low. I might just be close enough to make this not only a fun workout, but also a chance to take the number 1 slot from Joc! :)

Now I have no delusions that my current ranking is accurate. It just isn't. But it is a record of 3 new PRs, and I am excited for every single one of them.

Joc only tried to sabotage my efforts once. :) I have such trust for all my coaches that when she suggested I do some box jumps to "wake up" my neurological system in preparation for the deadlift, I believed her. I really couldn't think of any idea why I would need anymore warming up, but I was ready to do it, until she kept going with her suggestions: double unders, kettlebell swings... But seriously Joc, Sam and Kyle were all a tremendous help. I heart the CFWSC coaches!

I was even able to see Joc's incredible "Isabel" in between my Back Squat attempts. All I can say is wow! She was fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment