Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Running out of Steam?

Skill
Strict Press 3x5
5x80
5x80
5x80

I only went up 2 lbs for this set, but it felt like enough.

WOD
21-15-9
Hang Power Cleans 63#
Ball Slams 25#
Time: 5:09

This was my fourth day in a row. The 5x5 squats yesterday didn't affect me the following day nearly as much as they have before. * I arrived at class feeling great. Then I started this wod...ugh! I should have been able to cycle through those cleans much faster than I did. I broke them up more than I should have. I was too slow in the transition from bar to ball every single round.

Now I am heading out of town for the rest of the week: four days of hardly any activity, hours and hours of meetings, not enough sleep, and trying desperately to stay paleo with the endless snack table, restaurants twice a day and cross-country flights. :)

*I admit with much trepidation that the last couple of squats sets were a little tough on my knees. I know that this is because I was not pushing my knees out...This week was much better.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you are foam rolling your legs all the time. The IT Band and the VMO especially. This has REALLY helped my knees.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete