Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Weak Shoulders

Skill
Dynamic Deadlifts 15x1 at 60% of max
This should be 180#, I used 185#.

Doing my part to prepare myself for the 315# deadlift. :) This wasn't hard, but it was a great time of focusing on the lift. No messing around, set the back, just lift. I also really like these skill times to become more comfortable with heavy weights. I know I can lift heavy things one time, but it still takes familiarity with the weight to be comfortable with it multiple times.

WOD
3 rounds
30 walking lunges 15# plate overhead (rx'd 25#)
20 KBS 36# (Rx'd 53#)
10 Burpees
Time: 13:27

Ugh, ugh, ugh...This was awful! It was just one of those nights: I was sore before class even started, the foam rolling was painful, the warm-up row felt like it took forever, and then there was the wod. I tried the 53# KB, but the thought of swinging it 60 times was more than I could handle. My poor shoulders...As awful as it was, it was great after it was over. It always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment