Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Paleo Snob

Food, I love it.

I realized how much I love my paleo food when I was gone from home and in a setting where it was hard to control what and when I ate. To make a very boring story short, the food situation on my trip was pretty bad. There were too many days of no eggs for breakfast, and flavorless iceberg lettuce salads for lunch (but the dinners weren't too bad, I was just too self-conscious to actually order as much meat as I really wanted...)

When I got home, I was ranting about the food, being a full-on paleo snob. It was so graciously pointed out to me that I used to eat pretty differently than I do now...

So I need to be sure to not be that person. That one who gets all high and mighty about what they do now. But I am glad that this person has really, really adjusted to eating this way. I came home and ate my faithful standards today-scrambled eggs, sun-dried tomato turkey, broccoli, grilled chicken and a salad with lots of veggies, nuts, and olives.

And today was another rest day, but I did get to see people work out at least. I think that counted for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment