Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back squats and wall balls

Skill
Back Squat 5x5
190x5
190x5
190x5
190x5
190x5

(So I thought Joc adjusted the bar on the last rep, but apparently she didn't. I got them done!)

Hard, hard, hard. But being able to get through it with Vero made it far more manageable. I also realized that this was the first time I attempted the 5th set without Sam or Kyle right behind me. I guess I was just so focused that I didn't even think about worrying about the last set. I was really, really glad that Joc walked over!

WOD
7 rounds
5 SDHP 83#
100 m run
12 wall balls 14#
Time:

After this wod was over, I was laying on the floor and heard Joc exclaim with such delight that everyone looked so beat...This one was hard. The SDHP was rx'd at 95#, and I should have done that since that was by far the easiest part for me. The wall balls were horrid. I spent the first 2 rounds trying to hit the wall high enough and failing and also not really throwing it straight. By the third or fourth round I had decided that simply hitting the wall a few inches higher than my head was sufficient...And then on the last round I totally missed it and let it smack me in the face. I clearly need to add wall balls to the list of 497 things that I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment