Monday, March 29, 2010

The Jerk, A really awkward lift to write about...

Skill: Jerk
Jerk Dip Squat
80%x5 (93#)
90%x3 (108)
100%x3 (118)
110%x2 (128)

Then Heavy Jerk singles
123x1
128 (f)
128 (f)
128x1 PR

The jerk dip squats were very very helpful in focusing my attention on the small, straight dip. I really needed this since I am fairly incompetent at this lift, evidenced by the pretty ugly attempts at 128. Kyle told me that it seems like I am thinking of this as a shoulder lift, not a leg lift. That is true, even though I know I have been told differently.

WOD
AMRAP in 12 minutes
3 heavy push jerks 103#
7 toes to bar (otherwise known as hang on the bar and try really hard to pull my knees up)
100 m sandbag run 15#
Rounds: 6 +2 push jerks

I was happy about this one! Well, it wasn't like I was happy at the thought of it, but I was very happy with my rounds. I didn't walk on the sandbag runs (amazing, huh?!) and I felt like I was actually getting the jerk right a few times. I was also very happy with my pace on this wod.

No comments:

Post a Comment