Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One of the Best Classes Ever

Skill
Bench Press
Warm up and learn the very intricate technique of the bench
45x3
65x3
75x3

Find my 1 rep max
95x1
105x1
120x1
130 fail

I was the only person at the 5pm class, so I got to choose the skill. So many thing to choose from, but since I've only benched once this seemed like a good choice. It's an odd lift :)

WOD
Grace
30 clean and jerks 83#
Time: 3:59

Completing Grace as Rx'd was one of my 2010 goals, and I am just thrilled with my time. The cleans were fine, the jerks were not quite so fine, but that is no surprise. I had absolutely fabulous coaching from Kyle, everything from the little tips before I started, the confidence for me that I could do this quickly, and the insanely intense cheering (along with Golden) that made me know that for some reason I really, really needed to get those last 3 lifts in as fast as I could.

It sure felt like it took a lot longer than 4 minutes, so much so, that by rep 20 I was pretty sure that I was out of contention for the board. I was 100% shocked to see my time. I did feel like I might not be able to ever breath deeply again after the wod, and I think I am just now recovering from the crossfit lung thing, but it was worth it.

1 comment: