Friday, March 12, 2010

Clean, clean, clean

Skill
KB work, including KB snatches

This was a great time of dramatically illustrating just how weak my left arm and wrist and hand are. Since I take my measurements (in an effort to not be bound by the scale), I happen to know that my left arm is larger than my right. This all clearly indicates that I have more fat and less muscle on my left side and must start some spot work immediately. Who can help me with that? Should I start doing some dumbbell work with my left arm? I can do that sort of thing and just burn the fat on that arm, right?!?

WOD
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Clean 93# (rx'd 105)
Ring Push Ups (I scaled to my knees)
Pull Ups (I scaled to jumping)
Time: 14:

Finisher: tabata row
Score 4 cal. (pushed it and got 5 on the last one)

It was hard to keep pushing myself for this finisher. Well, really, it was hard to keep pushing myself on those cleans. By round 6 I was really regretting the choice of 93#, thinking that this seemed a lot harder than I thought it would be. That would be because I didn't really think about the fact that this was 55 cleans. I think that I am working on a permanent bruise on my clavicle. That's always a great look to be sporting.

Update: I just realized that I did 100 cleans this week. No wonder I have a bruise.
And I got my first purple band pull up today! From 1 blue band + a push from Joc pull up in June to the purple band. What seemed impossible is getting closer...

On another note, I have been hungry for just about 2 days straight. I am only not hungry right after I eat. I think I under ate a few days this week, so I tried to eat more protein yesterday. Since I am still hungry right now, I decided the check my block count on the protein...even though I thought I was bumping it WAY up, I think I only got to about 18 blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment