Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Like Odysseus and Aeneas

What?!? You see if you train at CFWSC, you too can understand the great importance of the Great Books to your workout.

Skill
Power Snatch
33x4
53x2
63x2
73x1
78x1
83x1
88x1 PR

WOD
Part 1
5 rounds
1 min row (aim for 260m each round)
1 min rest
269, 262, 279, 269, 263
Part 2
On the minute for 10 minutes
2 heavy snatches (63, 68, 73)
7 ball slams 25#

There are no words. Well, there are almost no words, but I can generally come up with something to say.

First off, I have to thank my incredible cheering section. They really made it possible to finish that last round above the 260 mark. There is something magical about having Sam, Kyle, Joc, and Greg all yelling at the same time.

Then I must thanks my coach Sam, for programming this horrific wod which I am very proud to have completed. I know him well enough now to know that he isn't actually trying to kill me, even if it feels like it. And quoting from the Aeneid while I am trying to just catch my breath enough to stay standing and finish the wod was that extra boost I needed.

Lastly I must thank Golden for providing the needed inspiration to keep my rear on that seat. Without his inspiring work just yesterday, I know that I would have been on the floor after round 3. I never want Kyle to be that mad at me, ever.

Sunday
Open Gym
I was physically present at the box, but the work accomplished was so unremarkable that I didn't even bother to post yesterday.

Clean and Jerk
45x6
65x4
95x2
105x1
115x1
120 fail, fail fail...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Golden's performance was pretty inspiring. But really, you killed those rows. You are awesome at pushing through that stuff and that's inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, the password protection for my last comment was squattie. Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be so scared of having Kyle mad at me, but rather be afeared of the utter and abject humiliation that Golden experienced.

    Great post and great work.

    ReplyDelete