Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So Many Burpees in a Row!

Skill
Front Squat
140x3
150x3
160x3
170x3
180x2
I was kind of unsure of my true max on the front squat. There it is, right there!

WOD
For time-
500 m row
30 burpees
10 shoulder to overhead 95#
Time: 7:47

I am fairly certain this was the first time I had to do that many burpees at one time. I was dreading it. It was not as bad I was expecting! But boy those jerks were nice and tough after the burpees. I had, had, had to focus on the mechanics of the lift because I was just too tired to press them like I normally would. And I looked up this wod...it was a 2009 regional's wod. I did it Rx'd, and I got it done under the 10 minute cap.

3 comments:

  1. so fun to be in class with you, leah! oh yes, 2011 will be our year, i would enter regionals just to trash-talk you the whole way. :-) i'd need to be able to jerk 95 lbs first though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I did it RX'd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Leslie, you need to make it to more evening classes...at least until the summer when I can go just about any time again. And I agree that 2011 is the year. :)

    Anna, I assume that is you...you need to stop being anonymous.

    ReplyDelete