Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finally, Deadlifts!

Skill
Max Pull Ups x5
All with the green band 6/5/5/4/4
All done without any kip...that was tough.

WOD
5 rounds
2 min rounds
100 m run
5 heavy deadlifts 198#
Max box jumps 16" 11/8/12/10/9
Rest 90 sec after each round

The run was scaled down from a 200 m run so I had a chance to work on actually sprinting. I can't sprint for 200 m, but I can finally sort of, kind of sprint, or at least run quicker, for 100m. I was under strict orders to actually go fast, or I would get into trouble. I was happy with my sprints.

The deadlifts were another story. They were hard, but I knew they would be. Deadlifts have been nagging me lately as I started to realize that it had been weeks since I had last done them. I could tell tonight that it had been a long time, a whole month in fact.

Oh, and yet another sign that my life has changed. I actually walked into a store with my "I heart Kyle" t-shirt on after class. Just in case you didn't know, I was a strict "no printing whatsoever on a shirt" girl for years. What has this world come to?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment